Water Infrastructure Finance Commission
Approved Minutes Working Group 2 Meeting 14 September 2010
Attendees: Tom Walsh, Mike Martin, Dave Hanlon, William Callahan (by phone)
Guest Speaker: Jennifer Kelly Lachmayr, P.E. – Malcolm Pirnie
Meeting called to order at 09:55 a.m.
Motion to approve August 23, 2010 Minutes by D. Hanlon, Seconded by M. Martin; approved by unanimous vote.
Presentation by J. Lachmayr “Stormwater Management Financing & Utilities”
- Overview of Funding Options (FEMA/MEMA Flood Mitigation Grants, General and Sinking Funds)
- Defining and creating a sustainable Stormwater Utility (Program Concept, Organization, Mass Enabling Legislation in place c. 83 §16 & c. 40 §1A, public education/support)
- New England Stormwater Utilities Rate Schedules – range $25 to $100 per year
- Evolution of Reading, Newton and Long Creek Fees, comparison of costs
Commission members conferred and discussed presentation.
- What is the message going forward.
- Accumulation of data
- Development of action plans and policies
- MS4 Permit requirements and costs to implement
Committee will be polled by e-mail for date of next meeting in October.
Meeting adjourned 11:15 a.m.