Who Do I Call For….?

Below you’ll find information about a variety of resources you may find helpful. Please, however, don’t be afraid to call if you aren’t sure where to go for help. For example, we often receive inquiries about federal or local matters, and we’re happy to provide you with the appropriate contact information so you can get the help you are looking for as soon as possible.

Legal Aid Referrals

As a public official Senator Eldridge and his staff are prohibited from becoming directly involved in ongoing legal proceedings or giving legal advice.  However, if you are a constituent and you have a question about a specific area of law or need legal advice or representation our office can refer you to an appropriate legal aid organization in the region.

For help finding the right legal aid organization for your case, please contact the Massachusetts Legal Assistance Corporation at www.mlac.org or by calling (617)-367-8544.

Energy and Financial Assistance

A variety of public and private institutions work to ensure that residents of Massachusetts have enough money to meet their basic needs and can heat their homes during the winter.  Senator Eldridge’s office can help direct you to an appropriate organization or government agency and follow up to make sure eligible residents get the services they need.

To be directed to an appropriate fuel assistance program in your area, please click here.

Housing and Foreclosure Assistance

A variety of services at the local, state and federal level are available for families and individuals in need of housing assistance.  Senator Eldridge’s office can help direct you to an appropriate agency or organization for a number of issues related to housing  including weatherization, foreclosure assistance, emergency shelter, public housing, and mortgage and rental assistance.

For a list of foreclosure prevention and credit counseling organizations by town click here.

To get more information about foreclosure prevention resources, please contact the HOPE hotline at 1-888-995-HOPE (4673), or by clicking here.