Commonwealth of Massachusetts
Approved Meeting Minutes
Infrastructure Finance Commission Group 2 Sub-Committee Meeting
10:00AM on 10 January 11 at the Lexington DPW Facility, Lexington, Ma.
- The meeting was called to order by Sub-Committee Chairman, Tom Walsh at 10:15AM.
- Members recorded present: Tom Walsh, Bill Callahan and Dave Hanlon (recorder of the minutes)
- Others Present: Linda Maki/Ann Wrhinelansek representing ‘Who Decides’, Gloucester, Ma., Jennifer Pederson/Beth Miller representing MWWA, and Rosalie Starvish representing GZA
- Items/Issues for Discussion
- Storm Water: compliance and generation of revenue via a Storm Water Utility. Rosalie Starvish, GZA discussed the regional approach recently undertaken by the communities of Milford, Franklin and Bellingham. An EPA Permit would ultimately be given to a Residual Designation Authority (RDA) to include private property. Emphasis in the next round of MS4 permitting is to anticipate the removal of phosphorous.
- The Chair requested members to volunteer in submitting ‘White Papers’ for the 5 Basic Issues generated by this sub-committee (reference to the attachment of this Meeting Agenda of 10 January 11). In order: 1.Callahan 2.Walsh/Hanlon 3.Martin 4.Hanlon 5.Walsh
- Further discussion on the specific of 5 issues to be addressed:
- Reference to the Pennsylvania Model of Asset Management
- Suggested Structural Community Requirements such as: CIP/Enterprise Accounting/Annual Costs (O&M, CIP, Debt) to be developed/required for SRF Funding
- Further/Detailed review of the Tighe and Bond annual Mass Communities Water Rates
- Availability/Restructuring of DEP Resources in assisting Municipalities in meeting new requirements
- Reducing costs of current utilities (short and long term)
- Regionalization (Energy Reduction)/DEP Energy Pilot
- Permitting (Costs/Procedures/Delays: i.e. NPDS Wastewater Discharge Permits based on science.
- Contract OPS/Privatization (DEP/Operator Rep)
Respectfully submitted on 31Jan11,