Water Infrastructure Finance Commission
Minutes Working Group 2 Meeting 18 October 2010
Attendees: Tom Walsh, Mike Martin, Dave Hanlon, William Callahan & Tom Tilas
Meeting called to order at 10:10 a.m.
Motion to approve September 14, 2010 Minutes by D. Hanlon, Seconded by M. Martin; approved by unanimous vote.
T. Walsh provided Committee members with issue outline regarding subjects previously listed as items of interest. These included the general topics of: State Revolving Fund, Municipal Utilities and Water Districts, Financing, Storm Water Utilities, River basin Planning, Capitol Improvement Planning and Statewide Infrastructure Tax.
Discussion followed on the following topics:
SRF Point System
– Water Shed Protection and Water Quality
– Enterprise Fund and Asset Management
– CIP and Economic Development
– Tax deduction for infrastructure costs
– In place rate for debt service and O&M
Regionalization of Municipal and District Services
– Consolidation of administration and services to achieve economy of scale
– Encourage economic development opportunities
– Simplification of SRF application/regulations for small projects to reduce costs
– Advantages of Design, Build, Operate (DBO)
– Consolidation of Water, Sewer, Storm Water services
– Tax on bottled water with proceeds targeted for grants
– Zero percent interest on SRF loans and extension of repayment period
Committee will meet next on December 8, 2010, 10:00 at the Lexington DPW.
Meeting adjourned 12:05 p.m.